When using the
View File button on Dashboards or the Details tab of an External File object that supports it (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF), the preview does not accurately reflect what I see when I open the file in my corresponding web- or desktop application.
The iGrafx Platform cannot always display and accurately render external file formats. Certain features, layouts and capabilities of these file formats are not available on the web at all, while others may only be partially functional. The
View File feature should be considered a preview only for any files that are not images or videos.
To see an accurate and exact version of the document you are trying to view as part of your work or when participating in a cycle, we always recommend to use the
Download File button and open the file in its native application (most commonly Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat).
- How to add object hyperlinks to your exported list reports
- Microsoft Office Links do not work in SSO scenarios
- Client: Does publishing to PDF support archive format like PDF/A?
- Client: Can I export or import modeling data to or from Excel or other file format?
- What to do when you cannot open an external file