If the dialog or window you expect is not showing up, it is likely the result of the being in a location where you cannot see it, perhaps because of changing your screen resolution to a lower resolution value than you had previously, or because you had multiple monitors and are now using only one monitor.
For example, when you try to open a file (e.g. by going to the File menu and choosing Open), if the main iGrafx application window grays out like it has turned control over to the Open dialog box, but the window is not actually showing, it may be because the dialog box is being displayed somewhere that you cannot currently see it. You can click the Esc (Escape) key; if the main application becomes active again, then it is likely a problem with the dialog box being somewhere off-screen, or at the edge of the screen, where you cannot see it. As another example, if you try to create a note (View > Note or F6 key) and the Note window does not display. This can also occur with the non-modal Properties dialog box window as well.
We recommend one of the following methods to solve this issue:
- In iGrafx 2009 and later: Reset your window layout. From the View menu, choose More Windows, and then Reset Window Layout. This will likely reset the window positions to the default layout provided when iGrafx was first installed, and should resolve the problem. If that solution does NOT work, or you have a version older than iGrafx 2009, you may want to consider the following solutions:
- Get the dialog box visible again, either by setting your resolution higher, or displaying on multiple screens again. You can change your screen resolution by doing the following (these instructions vary by operating system version):
- Click the Windows Start button, and then Control Panel. In the Control panel, double-click or open the 'Display' item, and this will show the Display Properties dialog box (or you may be able to right-click on the desktop where there is NOT an object and choose Properties or screen resolution)
- Click the Settings tab, or an 'Adjust resolution' choice.
- Change your screen resolution to have more resolution
- Click OK.
Note: The dialog should now show up, potentially at the edge of the screen. Move the dialog back to the middle of your screen. You may then decrease the screen settings resolution again if you want to.
- Run a repair install on the product. If that doesn't work, uninstall and re-install the product. This will clear registry keys that remember where the dialog box is to be displayed; so a repair install may not fix the issue. Please ensure that you have Administration (installation) rights to your machine, and that you have any needed iGrafx licenses ready to be re-entered if necessary.