To create a Rollup Performance Indicator:
- In the repository tree, click the name of a Performance Indicator to highlight it
- In the right frame, SETTINGS tab, choose Rollup in the Type of Data drop-down
- In the DATA tab, Rolled up Performance Indicators section, click ADD
- In the Choose Objects dialog, you can:
- Type the name of an existing Performance Indicator in the Search field and select it when found
- Click the Search button and select one or more objects from the list of all existing Performance Indicators (this could take a few minutes depending on the number of existing Performance Indicators)
- Click the Show Tree switch, expand folders, and select an object
- When you finish selecting Performance Indicators, click CONFIRM SELECTION
The selected child Performance Indicators appear in the Rolled Up Performance Indicators table.
To work together in a rollup, the child performance indicators must all use the same unit of measurement.
The three drop-down lists at the top of this table determine how the data from the child performance indicators is combined into the rollup performance indicator, as follows:
- The Aggregation Method setting determines how the aggregated data from each child is aggregated into the rollup performance indicator. Possible methods are Average, High, Low, and Sum.
- The Period setting determines how much of the time covered by the child performance indicators will appear in the rollup. The possible ranges are Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly. For whichever time duration you select, the rollup will use data from the most recent and previous increments.
- The Child Aggregation setting determines how the data within each child performance indicator is aggregated internally before being aggregated again into the rollup as specified by Aggregation Method setting. Possible methods are Average,Open, High, Low, Close, and Sum.
Under the Rolled Up Performance Indicators table, data from the child performance indicators used in the rollup are listed by date/value pairs under Data.