The iGrafx Platform allows you to link users to repository labor resources that represent them, or to create a new resource specifically to link to a user.The iGrafx Platform also provides a user-to-resource linking automation feature that is designed to speed up the task of matching iGrafx Platform users with any labor resource that represents them. See Linking Users to Resources Automatically for information about this feature.
Linking a User to a Resource
To link a specific user to a resource, select a user to be linked:
- Choose the Administration area, and then User Management.
- Click the Users tab.
- Locate the user in the list by scrolling, using the alphabetical "Jump to" links, or by typing in the search box.
- Click the Edit link in the user table's Actions column.
The User Details page appears.
- Under Linked Resources (lower, right of page), click Link user to resource.
A box appears allowing you to link the user to an existing or new repository resource.
Choose a repository, if more than one is available, from the drop-down list of repositories.
If the user is already linked to a resource in a repository, that repository will not be available in the list, because a user can only be linked to a one resource in a repository.
Linking a User to an Existing Resource
Follow steps 1 - 4 above to select a user then:
- Click Choose an Existing Resource.
- In the dialog, choose a single repository resource:
- Type the name of an existing resource in the Search field and select it when found
- Click the Search button and select a resource
- Turn on the Show Tree switch and expand the tree to select a resource
- Click CONFIRM SELECTION.
Linking a User to New Resource
To create a new repository resource to link to a user, do the follow steps 1 - 4 under the Linking a User to a Resource section above to select a user then:
- Click Create a New Resource.
A dialog box appears, prompting you to select a parent location for the new resource.
- In the dialog, choose a repository resource folder or resource object which can be a parent:
- Type the name of a resource folder or object in the Search field and select it when found
- Click the Search button and select a resource folder or object
- Turn on the Show Tree switch and expand the tree to select a resource folder or object
- Click CONFIRM SELECTION.
- The box for linking to a resource expands with fields to define the new resource:
- When all fields are as desired, click the LINK USER TO RESOURCE.
The resource you created is added to the list of linked resources for this user.
Removing User/Resource Links
To remove the link between a user and a resource, follow steps 1 - 4 under the Linking a User to a Resource section above to select a user then:
- Under Linked Resources, find the resource link that you want to remove and click Remove Link.